Sent to you by nunok via Google Reader:
WordPress is a powerful platform and you can use it for almost any type of site that you want to have and an important aspect of this CMS is that it can be used to create online shops. Sounds interesting, right? Of course it does. Thanks to the fact that you can customize a WordPress site into any layout you want and with certain plugins that facilitate eCommerce, you can create the online shop you always wanted and without paying a lot of money for a custom CMS.
Although I can't create a eCommerce layout or template for you, I can deliver to you a list of eCommerce plugins that will help you create the online shop that you want. These WP plugins are somehow amazing and have a lot of features so I'm sure you'll find them useful.
Transform your WordPress website into a thorough-bred online eCommerce store. Delivering enterprise-level quality and features whilst backed by a name you can trust. Say hello to the WooCommerce eCommerce plugin.
FoxyShop is a complete shopping cart solution for WordPress. This plugin connects to FoxyCart's hosted shopping cart service and will allow you to manage your inventory from a WordPress backend. FoxyShop was built to make the integration of FoxyCart and WordPress a breeze. Products are easy to manage and the flexible templates make it easy for developers to quickly build their storefront. The FoxyShop plugin is exhaustively documented, actively maintained, and completely free.
- Fully customizable theme files and CSS
- Unlimited images per product with popup slideshow or zooming
- Widget support for featured categories
- Manage product inventory within the WordPress admin
- Set up product categories and subcategories
- Drag-and-drop product sorting
- Complete flexibility for product variations and pricing
- Sale pricing with optional date controls
- Digital products and subscriptions
- Allow WordPress users to checkout with their account
- Flexible product and category discounts
- Multiple shipping recipients
- Inventory management
- Internationalization support
- Field validation to prevent form tampering
Wpshop is a simple and free Shopping cart plugin. With short codes, the development of the site is flexible and easy. Its theme suited for mobile e commerce propels your site to mCommerce.
Cart66 is a simple to use yet powerful ecommerce plugin for WordPress.
- Process credit cards securely using your payment gateway with Mijireh
- Sell digital products with Amazon S3 integration
- Sell physical products
- Sell services
- Manage orders
- Tax by state (United States and Canada), zip code, or all orders
- Multiple shipping options
- Custom fields for products
- Product variations that can optionally change the price of the product
- Place products on any page or post
- Sell internationally
- Set your currency
- Customizable email receipts
- Affiliate platform integration
Provides Mapping, Display, and Search of Locations For:
- Those of you who create sites for clients using WordPress
- Those of you who want to show your important locations (stores, buildings, points of interest, etc.) in an easily searchable manner.
- Also referred to as a dealer locator (locater), shop finder, and zip code or zipcode search. Its strength is in its flexibility to allow you to easily manage a few or a thousand or more locations through the admin interface.
- You can use it for numerous countries, which will continue to be added as Google adds new countries to their Google Maps API. See the documentation for the latest
- Supports international languages and character sets
- Allows you to use unique map icons or your own custom map icons — great for branding your map
- Gives your map the desired look by using our Map Designer™ interface in the WordPress admin section
- Pick other cool Google Maps options, such as an inset box, zoom level, map types (street, satellite, hybrid, physical), and more
- You can use miles or kilometers
- Option to show dropdown list of cities allows visitors to quickly see where your locations are and choose their search accordingly
wpStoreCart is a free, open source, and full featured e-commerce platform built atop of WordPress. It is easy to use, lightweight, heavily supported and constantly updated with new features.
- Web based "Setup Wizard"
- Unlimited number of products & categories
- Product Variations such as size & color
- Product properties such as weight & dimensions
- Fully configurable product & category display
- Search products using default WordPress search
- USPS & UPS shipping integration
- Multi-language & currency support
- Works with any theme
- Dedicated high end, Premium WordPress theme for free (separate download)
- Optional coupon and discount system
- Includes several widgets
- Customizable registration process
- Guest checkout
- Run your shop as "Digital Products Only", "Physical Products Only" or with both
- Products support limited or unlimited quantities
- Advanced group settings, including groups discounts, group only products, unlimited groups
- PayPal payments (Authorize.NET, 2CheckOut, Liberty Reserve, Quickbooks, Skrill/Moneybookers also available)
- Tested on IE 7,8,9, Opera 11, Chrome 7 and 11, Firefox 3.6, 4, 5, 6, & 7, and Safari 5
Paid Memberships Pro is a WordPress Plugin and support community for membership site curators. PMPro's rich feature set allows you to add a new revenue source to your new or current blog or website and is flexible enough to fit the needs of almost all online and offline businesses.
This plugin puts a search form and an interactive Google map on your site so you can show visitors your store locactions. Users search for stores within a specified radius. Full admin panel data entry and management of stores from a few to a few thousand.
- You can use it for a variety of countries, as supported by Google Maps.
- Supports international languages and character sets.
- Allows you to use unique map icons or your own custom map icons.
- Change default map settings via the admin panel including:
- Map type (terrain, satellite, street, etc.)
- Inset map show/hide
- Starting zoom level
- You can use miles or kilometers
- Pulldown list of cities and/or countries on search form can be toggled on/off.
- Bulk upload your locations via the CSV loader.
- Location search tracking and reporting, find out what your visitors are looking for.
- Popup email form.
The s2Member® Framework (free) integrates with PayPal® Website Payments Standard (also free), and fully supports recurring billing. s2Member supports custom Pages for registration (including Custom Registration/Profile Fields), account access, and a lot more. s2Member is compatible with Multisite Networking too, and even with BuddyPress and bbPress. With the s2Member® Pro add-on (an optional paid upgrade), you can add support for unlimited Membership Levels, PayPal® Website Payments Pro (w/ Pro Forms to facilitate on-site credit card processing), Authorize.Net® (also with Pro Forms), Google® Checkout, ClickBank®, advanced User Import/Export tools, the ability to use Coupon Codes, and many other enhancements.
MarketPress is the easiest to use, best designed and most powerful ecommerce / shopping cart plugin available for WordPress today.
Developed from the ground up to make it simple to set up a stylish online shop, MarketPress has all the features you need, including:
- Multiple payment gateways (PayPal, Authorize.net, Google checkout, 2checkout, Moneybookers, eWay, Cubepoints and more)
- Works great with any WordPress theme and looks great with AJAXy goodness
- Fully internationalized by the WPML crew
- Sell real objects, or digital downloads (with limits and tracking!), with ease
- Shipping, coupons, Google Analytics Ecommerce tracking, sale pricing, unlimited product variations, and so so much more!
OrderStorm WordPress e-Commerce – An enterprise level shopping cart that runs on your WordPress website hosted anywhere. You can sell your products with flexibility, customization, security and integrity with the OrderStorm WordPress e-Commerce plugin and achieve online success. Works with any theme.
The OrderStorm WordPress e-commerce engine is a cloud computing solution (also called SaaS – Software as a Service). This means that our servers do all the work and all you need is to use the OrderStorm WordPress e-commerce plugin to access the power of our enterprise level shopping cart.
Jigoshop, a WordPress eCommerce plugin developed by professionals with years of experience delivering online shops for global brands. With the option to create a multitude of product types and apply detailed attributes customers can easily refine your catalog, ensuring they find what they're looking for in just a couple of clicks.
The Custom Content Type Manager requires WordPress 3.3. It allows users to create custom content types (also known as post types) and standardized custom fields for each, including dropdowns, checkboxes, and images. This gives WordPress CMS functionality:
eShop is an accessible shopping cart plugin for WordPress, packed with various features. Including:
- Utilises WordPress pages or posts, and compatible with custom post types, to create products
- Customers can sign up to your site (settable option)
- Various methods available for listing products
- Products can have multiple options
- Upload downloadable products
- Basic Statistics
- Download sales data
- Various shipping options, including by weight.
- Admin has access to an Order handling section
- Automatic emails on successful purchase
- User configurable email templates.
- Configurable Out of Stock message.
- Basic Stock Control
- Google Base Data creation
- Uninstall available within the plugin
- Various discount options
- WPMU, Multisite compatible.
- Merchant gateways:Authorize.net, Paypal, Payson, eProcessingNetwork, Webtopay, iDEAL and Cash/Cheque!
- Sales tax!
- Now compatible with WP Affiliate for affiliates – see wiki.
This plugin not only automatically changes any Amazon link on your site to use your affiliate ID, but it also changes the link to point to the user's local Amazon store.
So if your visitor is visiting from the UK they'll get a link to Amazon.co.uk, if they're visiting from the US they'll get a link to the same product on Amazon.com. All you have to do is provide all your affiliate IDs. It doesn't matter if the link is in your post, in your template or anywhere else on your page – it'll be converted automatically.
The Professional WordPress eCommerce Plugin. Use it as shopping cart, catalog or framework.
You can extend its functionality with plugins and themes to customize your store exactly in same way that you do with WordPress. It is compatible with many existing plugins in the WordPress repository.
100% WordPress, eCommerce naturally flexible & Scalable. Powerful backend tools to make your site, store or shop Easyly and Useful
Smart Manager is a unique, revolutionary tool that gives you the power to efficiently manage products, product variations, customers and orders using the popular WordPress e-Commerce plugin from GetShopped / Instinct or WooCommerce from WooThemes.
As a business owner, your time is better spent on marketing and customer service than on store administration. Unfortunately store administration with WordPress e-Commerce can take significant time. Day after day.
WP e-Commerce is a free WordPress Shopping Cart Plugin that lets customers buy your products, services and digital downloads online.
WP FB Commerce is a companion plugin to GetShopped's famous WP e-Commerce. Market featured products or your whole catalog on Facebook.
Ecwid is a free full-featured shopping cart and an e-commerce solution that can easily be added to any blog or Facebook profile. It offers the performance and flexibility you need, with none of the hassles you don't.
"Ecwid" stands for "ecommerce widgets".
The plugin adds a button in the richtext editor which allows you to easily generate the short code for WordPress Simple Paypal Shopping Cart. It saves you typing the short codes and therefore reducing the chance of typos. The plugin is very easy to use. You just fill out a form and it will generate the necessary short code.
A plugin that adds a Featured Product widget for use with the WP e-Commerce plugin. The featured product can either be explicitly selected such that the same product will be shown each time the widget refreshes, or it can be randomly selected so that a different featured product is displayed each time the widget refreshes.
Easyfileshop enables you to sell files as downloads. Easyfileshop concentrates on what is realy needed for selling files as downloads. Selling files is much easier than selling t-shirts in different sizes and colors. So you don't need to learn a full featured shop system. For each post or page you may upload a file and set a price. Easyfileshop creates a fully customizable paypal checkout button for you. The files are stored inside a secure access protected folder on your server. After the payment is verified the buyer receives a customizable email with a personal download link.
This plugin makes it easy for post authors to quickly search Amazon's index from their WordPress post interface and grab text links or images to place in their posts. The text links can optionally contain an indivdual's affiliate tag, if entered on the settings screen.