January 20, 2012

A Visual Look at “The Big Mac Index” and “Burgernomics” [INFOGRAPHIC]

 
 

Sent to you by nunok via Google Reader:

 
 

via Foodbeast by Elie Ayrouth on 1/18/12

Believe it or not (not sure why you wouldn't believe it), one of my fields of study during my undergrad was Economics. To be honest, all I can remember from my 4 years of undergrad was the demand curve, something about calculus being really important in absolutely none of the professions I was interested in, and The Big Mac Index.

In other terms, it was "Burgernomics," an idea that the McDonald's Big Mac was such a well known item across the planet that it could be used as a global standard of determining purchasing power between two currencies by comparing the cost of the Mickey D's burger between any two countries.

If I haven't totally bored you yet, then you might find the following infographic on the matter quite intriguing. It was put together by the folks at Online MBA and has a hefty amount of useful information to wow your friends at the next cocktail party.

Either that, or they'll never invite you back to another party again:

 


 
 

Things you can do from here:

 
 

No comments: